Saturday, October 2, 2010

Timeless passion

I know, I know... It looks like this blog has only one entry per month... Hehehe not even once a month, the last post was more than two months ago! Even that was a very, very short one (more like a quick note than a blog entry...). Hmmm... we really suck at this eh... Not that we didn't have anything to write...

So, what with the title? Nothing fancy really, just feel like writing about something that has been one of my long-time interests - watches. I have always like them, but unfortunately, I'm no collector. Not that I don't want to, but I just couldn't afford to be one! It really is an extremely expensive hobby, collecting watches (at least those worth collecting lah...). I have always been admiring them - all the Tags, the Breitlings, the Pateks, the IWCs and so on so forth, from shop windows and display counters only...

But why this sudden entry about my passion for watches? Because that passion has just been revived... After all, I did mention in my first blog entry that I would, once in a blue moon, write about my interest... :)

I have had a few wristwatches (Game & Watch tak kira la... despite owned a few!) over my thirty-something-years life. If I can recall correctly, I remember owning a Beatle (yup, the band) timepiece, a special edition Fossil, a couple of Adidas-es, a Quiksilver, a Swatch (my first ever self-winding automatic) and of course, a couple of Casio calculator watches (my earliest, real watch I think). None of them exist / working anymore, except for the Fossil. Like I said, they were not worth keeping for any collection...

Oh, I almost forgot... I also used to own a Vacheron Constantine, but a fake one, bought in HK! (Hehehe... mana mampu beli yang betul punya...) Nevertheless, it was still a beautiful watch, a self-winding automatic with see-through glass back where you can see its internal workings (love this feature very much!). Used to own because I gave it to my little brother... In fact most of my watches I handed down to my two brothers, especially the youngest one, but none of the watches survived... Hampeh betul...

Now I own a couple of cool premium watches - a Tissot original T-Touch and an automatic Hamilton Jazzmaster chronograph (which I'm wearing everyday). The best bits are that both were presents, and both were given by the same person - Eju!

My passion for watches extends "For Her" as well. If I'm not mistaken, I got Eju all the watches she owns right now, except for just one (a Folli-Follie). Her mini collection includes a CK, a Tissot, a Cartier and the latest, in support of her upcoming 10k charity run (will try to write more on that later), a Garmin Forerunner heart monitor watch.

Revival?

About a week ago, I started to search, browse and read a lot more about watches, about Officine Panerai timepieces to be exact, thanks to my beloved. At this rate, I really think I'm on my sure way to become a paneristi, despite short of owning a piece. Takpe, one fine day nanti...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment