Friday, February 26, 2010

It's been a long time eh...

It has been a really long time since I penned anything in this blog. If I can recall correctly, my last real entry was just after Eiduladha, when we were busy attending friends' open houses. And that was months ago! Time really flew... Unlike Eju's, my excuse is not laziness, but, to be really honest, most of the time I forgot that we even have a blog! Hahaha... What can I say? I'm still not used to writing a blog! (Alasan... alasan...)

Obviously there are loads of updates, so many thoughts to pen as a lot of things has happened over the last few months. I guess the most significant, at least in my case, is that I have started working (yeay!). At the time of my last entry, I was preparing for the interview. Needless to say, I nailed it (hehehe) but of course not without hurdles. I'm not going to talk about the problems, I'm just thankful that everything worked out as well as I hoped for...

Now I'm doing CRM. It is something very new to me, but I guess that makes it even more challenging and I hope, interesting (and stimulating). Officially it has been a month now (dah dapat first gaji dah, yeay!), and things are still looking very good (I'm still looking forward to go to work every morning, that should be a good enough sign!). But I have to say, it wasn't easy, the first couple of weeks. My brain was still on sabbatical mode and I was struggling to get it back online! I was trying really hard to figure out what I needed to do, and how I was supposed to do them. But brain just took its own sweet time to recover. Hehehe. I guess that's normal after a long break. Luckily tak lama. Now I think my head is working at about 70% of its pre-holiday efficiency, sufficient to garner positive and encouraging feedback from the new boss. That will do then :).

The hardest part of returning to work is none other than leaving that little boy Noah every morning (hehe nie skrip wajib for any full-time parent!). Believe me, getting used to the new working routine was fairly easy, but seeing him crying nak ikut every morning is a little difficult. Tough. Oh well, he'll (and I'll) get used to it... eventually...

Other than the new job, we have moved to a new home (Eju has covered that part), I have passed the CIMA Managerial stage (now Strategic level babeh, yeay!), went back to Malaysia and returned, and I have more grey hair than ever before (getting old really fast!!!). Oh, and I think I'm going to miss MISC Treasure Hunt this year: no real reason to go back plus now I have to apply for leave. Unless there's a meeting in KL that coincides with the hunt? Mimpilah... Tak dapat pertahankan 3 tahun kejuaraanlah nampaknye... To whom it may concern, "Why having it early this year?"




No comments:

Post a Comment