Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Another week, another weekend...

How was your weekend? Ours were... well, really packed, especially so for Eju!

It all started last Friday night for her, as she attended an annual dinner at Christie's (the posh auction house) in Mayfair hosted by one of her main business couterparties. She was mesmerized, awed even spellbinded if you like by the whole thing... I know this because she can't stop talking about it! Hehehe... According to her (I wasn't there obviously...), it was an amazing do, with its Spanish-Russian opera concert backed by a full-blown orchestra, which also played classical background music throughout its 7-course dinner! In fact, that particular night made her fell in love with the opera, "Even though I tak paham, I could feel the emotions through her voice!" And now she wants to go to more opera concerts... Oh well, that's Eju for you :)

As for me, my weekend started early on Saturday like usual. I had my 7-9am badminton games at the Seymour Leasure Centre, but it's just that that day's session ended without the usual nasi lemak and teh tarik sebab takut lambat. We had an appointment to view another house in Putney at 11am, despite the fact that we have more or less made up our mind on the house in Greenwich. Anyhoo... the Putney house was nice, with a beautiful garden at the back and a proper English dining room complete with a fireplace. Moreover, the neighbourhood was very pleasant and there were loads of free parking spaces around (an important factor in London!). Put it this way lah, at the end of the viewing, Eju had a second thought... Hehehe... Luckily the place is a tad more expensive...

Next on the agenda was a couple of open houses to celebrate Eid that Saturday afternoon. Kak Tita and family came down to London to join us, and all of us went to the first house near Golders Green in North London. The supposedly short trip was spoilt by the really bad traffic - the 10 miles journey took us 1 1/2 hours! But I guess it was made ok by the delicious, authentic Turkish meal at Nazlin's house. Then after about an hour eating and chatting, we made our move to the second house at Ealing in West London. The traffic on the North Circular was still really bad, so we decided to take jalan dalam instead. Hehehe... not that I know London's roads that well, we just relied on TomTom! :) We went straight home after an hour at Teratai's, and called it a day quite early that night...

Sunday was nothing less than busy too... We had some friends (which are also our neighbours at Maida Vale) over for brunch and dinner. The menu for that day was nasi lemak, and I have to say, Eju cooked a superb one too! (After bertungkus-lumus all morning, the result beats Malaysia Hall's anytime!) And between the two meals (and visits), we still managed to go to Eju's big boss' open house at Highgate in North London... Talk about commitment :P.

Some of you might find this entry's a day too late... The thing is, I planned to post it yesterday whilst it was still fresh, but I was interupted by a phonecall midway through, a phonecall I've sort of been waiting for. Cut the story short, I have a job interview this Thursday! (Yeay!!!) To make sure things go well for the interview, I tried on my work suits and surprise, surprise, none of them fit! (Hahaha... They are certainly not tailored to fit in my holiday fat!) But fortunately that's sorted now - I bought a suit from M&S that very afternoon (it was tough though to shop under pressure!) I've even organised for Noah's sitter on Thursday, and planned my route / timing so that I won't be late or lost. Now, all I have left to do (other than a haircut...) is to prepare my mind for the interview, but it's quite hard to do that when you are having a cold and headaches, courtesy of this freezing weather (it's 3 degrees!). I just hope I'll be better come Thursday...

Btw, Eju is off to Barcelona for work tomorrow for 3 days. Noah and I couldn't tag along this time because the flight tickets were too expensive. Oh, and I have that interview... Takpelah, I've been to Barcelona and Noah is too young to appreciate the trip anyway...








No comments:

Post a Comment