Friday, October 30, 2009

"This train terminates at East Grinstead..."

Today was the third and final day of our intensive Advance course in East Grinstead. Err... where? Never heard of this place? Neither did I... It's a small old town in West Sussex, about 30 miles (that's the straight line distance, according to Google Map lah... TomTom's fastest route comes up to more than 60 miles!) south of London. It is really small - you can walk around the town covering all the important and not-so-important landmarks (e.g. the high street, cathederal, theatre, cinema, museum, library, supermarkets etc) in less than an hour! I found it quite unique, a lovely town, a piece of 'Ye Olde England'. Hmm, I think pictures would describe it better than (my) words...





















Anyway, the reason I went there was more for 'bonding' with my nephew, Imaan sementara his parents concentrated on learning the massaging technique...









Btw, unlike the past two days, today I took the train because Adam's car was full, with Eju tagging along to East Grinstead... It was my first train ride since a very long time (underground tak kira la...). I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it albeit it was only about an hour ride. Both return trips were smooth and comfortable, but the outbound journey was particularly more enjoyable, thanks to the beautiful view of British suburbans and countryside on an autumn morning (everything was brown, green and gold!). Anyway... The best thing about taking the train is that you don't have to worry about which route to take or whether there'll be traffic jams. You can, more often than not, depend on its very reliable schedule. My ride today was no different - on time even to the minute, and almost right to the second!









The last time I took the train, if I can recall correctly lah, was during my uni years, probably a trip from Lancaster to London (one of many of course...) which took more than 3 hours a trip. Back then, I was travelling with a student travelcard which made tickets much cheaper and hence, the frequency. But those were the days, no more discounted train rides for me... All is well though as I hardly take the train anyway, yelah with Noah and all...

1 comment:

  1. pasni buleh buat series muz and noah's tour of ye olde english towns and stuff like that eh.

    ReplyDelete