Monday, March 30, 2009

A cook for Noah

This is a bit of an overdue entry.. but I am going to post it anyway.



Inspired by Senorita culinary skill, I decided to spend my last last weekend slaving myself in the kitchen to prepare some wholesome meal for Noah. On last Saturday, I cooked the cauliflower, tomatoes with cheese and basil. Froze some and fed Noah with some. He seems to love it. It is the best feeling for a cook when the diner enjoys her food. It was unbelievably easy and quick to make.


Excited from the previous outcome, I decided to attempt another recipe for the Annabel Karmel book. Since Noah is a growing boy and needs his supply of iron, I chose beef, parnips and sweet potato as his next meal. But I forgot to buy the ingredients for chicken stock and decided to do without it. When it was cooled, I had a bit of a taste, it was ok laa.. So so.. I thought it was lacking of salt... but babies under 1 one not supposed to have salts. Oh well.. the moment of truth when it entered Noah's mouth. Yes, he eat it but not as keen as the previous dish. He did finished it though. As long as he finished his food, he can benefit with all nutrition from the root vegetables and beef that I had in there.



Noah.. Mama in pureeing mood! Next week will attempt the brocolli, cauliflower and cheese sauce. My baby seems to love cheese. Just like his Mama and Daddy.. Good boy!!

1 comment:

  1. darling... the beed braised tu, if you add chicken stock, it will make a lot of difference to the flavour... even acat would love to curi from jada hehe.

    nanti you get the ingredients for the chicken stock biar i tolong buat... ;P

    ReplyDelete